Find here below an English translation of the petition web site page - as per the web site link you will find at the bottom of this page –which includes the reasons for which the petition has been made and the signature form.
We are against the motorway Cimpello-Sequals-Gemona because:
- it will destroy the middle valley of Tagliamento River, one of the most precious and fragile natural areas in the Friuli Venezia Giulia (NE Italy) and in the whole Europe; the motorway - by crossing the floodplain from Cimano to Pinzano with flyovers, viaducts and embankments – will destroy once and for all a unique and untouched natural landscape;
- it will deteriorate the landscape and produce along its route serious damages to the environment and to the local community in terms of noise, air, soil and water pollution; also, the impact will be extremely negative for several protected natural sites along the river: the motorway will become a physical barrier in the middle of the local territories and of the floodplain, hindering if not entirely preventing the movements of both the fauna and the inhabitants;
- it will not serve the population and the businesses of the Friuli Venezia Giulia piedmont areas - who need instead the local roads and railways to be improved; instead, it will only benefit the heavy road traffic travelling from Lombardia and Veneto regions to Austria and viceversa;
- it will seriously endanger the chances of the Friuli Venezia Giulia piedmont areas to achieve their its sustainable development based on tourism;
- the people of Friuli Venezia Giulia will pay for it in the end, not only in terms of pollution, health and land use but also from an economical point of view: in fact, if the estimated average daily transits – 23,000 in 2015 and 53,000 in 2050 – were correct, the local community would be facing an unsustainable increase in road traffic; if instead the above figures were overestimated (as it seems more likely), the motorway will not pay-back for itself with tolls and in the end the community will be charged for it.
DO NOT FORGET TO CONFIRM YOUR SIGNATURE by clicking the link on the e-mail – titled "Verifica email-Petizioni Online" - you will receive from petizionionline.it, which translates as follows:Ciao -----------To confirm your signature on Petizioni Online you will need to click on the following link:http://www.petizionionline.it/verifica/7831b62468dbe0bf473ab5e043ceb142Thank youPetizioni Online StaffThis email was sent from a server that does not accept email replies. Please do not reply directly to this email